Signing up and creating a bookstore on Aerio is always FREE. This includes access to our catalog of millions of titles, all available to be sold with no obligation.
There are also several basic marketing features available through your free Aerio store.
Best Practices for Marketing the Aerio catalog with your Free Store:
1. Share book pages on Social Media!
Click on “Store” and “My Inventory”, find the book you’d like to market and click “View” in the top right corner. This will bring you to the book page. On the right-hand side, underneath the book title and author, you can:
- Post to Pinterest:
- Click on the Pinterest widget to Pin the book cover page.
- You can add a Pinterest description of your own, but you cannot edit the metadata that is automatically pinned as the book or Pin description within Pinterest.
- The Pin will link back to the book page
- Post to Twitter:
- Click the Twitter widget to Tweet the book cover page. This will appear on Twitter absent of designated hashtags and handles. Metadata will appear with the Tweet. When a user clicks the image of the book within the Tweet, they will be directed to the book page.
- Post to Facebook:
- Click on the Facebook widget to post the book cover page on Facebook with metadata information. When a user clicks on the image, they will be directed to the book page.
2. Share book pages via e-mail
From the book page, underneath the book title and author, click on the envelope image. An email will load with a canned message similar to this:
[Automatily generated phrase] Thought you'd find this interesting.
[Book Title] Lust, Chaos, War & Fate: Greek Mythology
[Author] by Jason Boyett
[Custom Book Description] Mythology is not about the past. The past is what’s behind us and that’s not where mythology really exists. The big daddy of mythology hails from ancient Greece—and whether we realize it or not, Greek mythology influences the western world of today.
If you have ever seen the Atlantic Ocean, if you love the wonders of stargazing, if you’ve dreamed of being in the Olympics, or made reference to...
[Link to book product page] https://aerbook.com/maker/productcard-2894252-1429.html&utm_medium=email
3. Share book page URLs in your Email Marketing Campaigns
Aerio generates a Book Page for every book in your inventory. We’ve seen Book Pages shared everywhere; through email marketing, social media or on blogs and websites.
One way in particular is to add a Book Page to your preferred email marketing platform as a “Book of the Week” or “Author Spotlight”, etc. Please see the steps below:
- On your Aerio Dashboard, click on "Store" and "My Inventory"
- Scroll through your inventory to find the book you'd like to share
- Click on "View" in the top left corner of the book cover, this will bring you to the Book Page
- This standard book page features the book cover, metadata populated from Ingram such as the book title and author and the “About” section & "Details" section, any applicable discounts and promos, and an “ADD” to cart button leading to checkout.
- Copy the Book Page URL
- In a separate window, go to your email marketing platform and open the email draft you’d like to share the book on. Locate the CTA button where you’d like to drop the URL.
- Once you locate the CTA button on the email, you can click on the button to edit the button text, size, color and to add a URL - here is where you will paste the Book Page URL - and click Save.
4. Create embeddable book page widgets on your website or blog!
*Compatible with WordPress
- Go to ‘My Inventory’ under “Store”
- Click ‘Get Widgets’ under the specific title you want to do so for.
- Update the Widget type to:
- “Learn More” which will link back to the books page
- “Buy Now” which will link back to the users checkout cart with the book added
- Next, update the widget size, alignment and Social buttons, as well as customize your Cover Text
- Preview these changes automatically on the right hand of your screen.
- Once you have your widgets and cover text the way you want it, scroll down to “Embed Code” and copy the code provided
- Paste the code in the “Text” box on the respective WordPress website page you’d like it to appear on your website, click Update and you’re done!