HDRM is a form of copy protection in which ebooks are encrypted. This encryption places restrictions on sharing, distributing, printing and copying. HDRM ebooks can be read using apps like Bookari and BookVia.
*Note, these apps can only be downloaded on an iOS or Android device
We recommend the free Bookari app because of our custom “one-click” set-up instructions:
- Open the Aerio “Reading Instructions” email for the purchased HDRM ebook and click on the green button “Download HDRM ebook with Bookari”
- Follow the prompts to open the Bookari app in your App store.
- Proceed to download and install the free Bookari app
- Once the app is installed, click “open” to open the app on your device, which will automatically log you in using your Aerio account username and password. The app will also sync up with any ebooks you’ve purchased through your Aerio account, and display those on the Welcome page.
Bookari also offers a premium ad-free app for $4.99. If you’d like to have an ad-free reading experience, purchase and download their premium app here.
You can also have an ad-free reading experience by downloading the BookVia reading app for free, with just a few more set-up steps:
- Visit your app store, search for “BookVia” and download the free app
- Once the app is installed, click “open” to open the app on your device
- Once opened, click on the drop-down navigation in the top left corner and choose “Settings”
- Click the very first option “Activate this Device” under Store Accounts
- A screen will pop-up asking you to choose a “Store / DRM Provider” - click Aerio
- Type in your Aerio account login email and password and click “Sign in”
- The app will now sync up with any ebooks you’ve purchased through your Aerio account, and display those on the Welcome page.
Once you have logged into one of the above apps, you will remain logged in and will not need to go through these set-up instructions again.