To ensure the best consumer experience, Aerio uses the following logic when titles are not in stock:
- Pre-orders for any format are allowed 90 days in advance of the publication date. If a publication date is not provided by the publisher, the on-sale date is used.
- Backorders are allowed if a title is on order but not in stock. A backorder will be filled if the stock is received within a 30-day window. After the window closes, the system will automatically cancel the backorder. Consumers will be notified that the backorder was cancelled.
- Titles out of stock and not on order cannot be sold through Aerio.
- Backorder Only status titles (not actively stocked by Ingram) cannot be sold through Aerio.
- Items will ship once available and in separate packages if necessary. Consumers will only be charged for freight once, calculated by the total weight of the books purchased and the ship to location.
- Lightning Source PTO (Print to Order) titles are assumed "in stock" and are processed within 24 hours.
- Lightning Source POD (Print on Demand) orders are assumed "in stock" and processed within 3-5 days.