In Aerio, you can apply a discount to every title in the Aerio catalog.
The discount floor is determined by the profit you are able to earn through Aerio on a particular title. Users can discount the cost of a book down to the wholesale price or conversely sell for more than list price depending on how much revenue they want to make per title.
We manage discounts in two ways:
- Applying a discount to a single title - see instruction here: What determines the discount I can set on a title?
- Applying a discount to a group of titles - see instructions below
Applying a Discount to a Group of Titles
- Login to your Aerio dashboard
- On "My Inventory" click "Add Title"
- Click "Import Catalog & Categories from CSV"
- You will be able to use the "Discount" feature to add a discount percentage to a list of ISBNs.
* The maximum titles you can upload from a CSV sheet is 150. If you have more than 150 print titles to upload, you will need to create multiple CSV sheets.
- If you have an existing CSV file list of ISBN's, you can upload by clicking the "Browse" button to locate the file. If you need a CSV sheet, you can click "Download Template CSV" button. The sheet will open up on your screen.
- If downloading a new CSV, enter all the ISBNs (no dashes) in "Column A" where you want to apply the bulk discount
- Save the CSV sheet to your files
Upload CSV sheet
- Click the "Browse" button under the CSV File
- Find the CSV file
- Enter the desired "Discount" you would like to apply to the list of ISBNs
- Click "Import" button
The discount will be applied to all books imported. If % turns out to be too high, price will be set to the required minimum.
Removing Discounts in bulk
To remove a discount from a list of ISBNs, you would follow the same process as listed above (uploading a list of ISBNs). The only step different would be to enter "0" in the "Discount %" on the "Import From CSV" screen to remove the discount on the list of titles.