Aerio is an independent retail network focused on native marketing and commerce services. Aerio users can make any point of engagement into a point of sale by selling* their own ebooks, Aerio’s inventory of 15M+ books, or both:
- On the web
- On mobile/social streams
- And even at brick and mortar venues
Powered by Ingram, one of the world's largest book wholesalers, Aerio gives anyone the opportunity to become part of a massive independent retail network.
What does Aerio do?
Aerio is a sales, marketing, and consumer engagement tool. It provides a direct-to-consumer sales experience for booklovers, publishers, authors, and tastemakers around the world—basically anyone who wants to sell books. With Aerio, you can build and maintain strong customer relationships while controlling sales, promotions, and social media marketing.
How does Aerio work?
Aerio’s focus is providing a direct-to-consumer book sales experience where customer relationships; sales information & analytics; and most importantly, bigger profits; are all controlled by YOU, the user.
- Sell your ebooks and/or Aerio’s 15M+ books direct and earn money as a retailer.
- Make any point of engagement a point of sale with social selling, widgets, and buy buttons.
- Create awareness and impressions about your books while gathering consumer and sales data.
Who can create a store with Aerio?
Aerio was created specifically with Publishers and Authors in mind, to market & sell their books direct to their audience. That being said, Aerio can also be used by anyone who has an online following or influence, to sell from our 15M+ book catalog for free and make the retailer revenue.
How much technical knowledge is needed to use Aerio?
Setting up a store, adding print books, uploading e-books, selling books, and sharing socially are all very user-friendly processes and require little to no technical know-how.
Users can also embed their Aerio store front and custom book widgets into their personal blog or websites with a small degree of technical knowledge on website coding. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does Aerio handle privacy laws?
Store Set-Up / Technical
What does it mean for a title I own to be in the Aerio network?
A title you own can be in the Aerio network two ways:
- Your print title is already included in our 15M+ catalog, which is pulled directly from Ingram and includes any books distributed through Ingram Wholesale.
- You have uploaded your digital title as an ebook into the Aerio network, which automatically includes it in out 15M+ catalog, to be sold by additional Aerio stores.
Does Aerio work on mobile devices?
Yes, Aerio was built with a mobile first philosophy, using responsive design to provide an optimal user experience on all mobile devices.
What are the Digital Rights Management (DRM) options for Aerio?
Digital Rights Management (DRM) is software used to secure intellectual property protection for multimedia. Aerio has a flexible approach to DRM offering the following:
- No DRM - The ebook is unmodified and can be shared and opened with nearly all devices and apps.
- Social DRM - SDRM, similar to a watermark, embeds ownership data on a file, allowing its origins to be tracked. SDRM eBooks can be shared and opened with nearly all devices and apps.
The level of DRM on an ebook file is chosen by the Publisher.
Pricing & Payment
Can I discount the price of any book, even if I’m not the owner?
Yes. Users can discount the cost of any book down to the wholesale price or conversely, sell for more than list price depending on how much revenue they want to make per title.
Users can see how different pricing impacts revenue on the Product Settings page for a title.
- Sign into your Aerio Store
- Click on the Store tab and either search for a new title or find an existing title listed in My Inventory
- Choose the book you would like to discount and click Product Settings
- Here you will see:
- Formats the book is available in (paperback, hardcover, etc.)
- List price
- Your Current price
- Your Discount %
- Your Profit
- What % your profit is of the list price
- An option to create promos for that book
Try adjusting your price to see how your discount % impacts your profits.
Are there any transaction fees when a book sells from my store?
Aerio does not charge stores any fees. Production costs, shipping fees, credit card processing, and Aerio fees are all wrapped up in the minimum selling price. Anything above the minimum selling price is considered store profits.
Shipping & Labeling
Are consumers charged a shipping fee for physical goods?
Yes. The shipping fee is automatically calculated based on the consumer's geographic location and the weight of the item being shipped.
Can I do my own distribution?
No. One of the great things about Aerio is that Ingram Content Group handles shipping and all related customer service inquiries so publishers don't have to. Ingram has a nearly 100% same-day or next-day turn around on all purchases. Why mess with near perfection?
Who ships the books?
Aerio partners with Ingram Content Group for all our print book fulfillment. All print book orders will ship directly to customers from one of Ingram's geographically diverse stocking and print-on-demand facilities.
Who do I contact for User Support & Technical Questions?
All support issues including technical support questions can be directed to email@example.com.