If you use CoreSource to import your ebooks, Ebook Import Settings allow you to control ebook retail settings, and enable your ebooks to accept metadata updates distributed from CoreSource.
Ebook Import Settings are applied at the time of import. For ebooks already in your account:
- You can manage ebook retail settings and enable metadata updates by title from the Book Dash.
- For bulk changes, contact Aerio Support to request changes to your full ebook library.
Updating Default Ebook Import Settings (to apply when an ebook is imported)
2. Click the Ebook Import Settings cog
Metadata Refresh - When metadata updates or refreshes are distributed to Aerio from CoreSource, the changes will be applied to your ebooks in Aerio.
- Turn this feature ON to overwrite ebook metadata when an update or refresh is distributed from CoreSource.
- Turn this feature OFF to ignore all metadata updates distributed from CoreSource.
Hint: If you use ebook previews for marketing campaigns. You might use this to preserve any manual edits made to ebook metadata (description, title, etc).
Enable ebook for sale through my Aerio store(s) at import- Controls if your ebook can be sold in your Aerio store.
- Turn this feature ON to sell your ebooks through Aerio.
- Turn this feature OFF to use Aerio exclusively for digital book previews.
NOTE: Must be enabled for the ebook to be sold by other Aerio sellers. When disabled, "Allow other Aerio Sellers to sell my ebook" is disabled automatically.
Allow other Aerio Sellers to sell my ebook* - Controls if your ebook can be sold by other Aerio Sellers
- Turn this feature ON for more discoverability, sales, and revenue** by allowing your ebook content to be sold on other Aerio storefronts.
- Turn this feature OFF to be the exclusive seller of your ebook content.
*To use this feature, you must first enable your ebooks for sale.
**You, as the content owner, receive compensation on ebook sales through other Aerio sellers. The amount of compensation earned is based on the Marketplace Discount you set.
A marketplace discount determines the amount of margin you are guaranteed on the sale of every ebook through another Aerio's Seller. For example, if you set a marketplace discount of 40%, it guarantees you 60% on every ebook sale.
3. Click Save.